1111 O'Farrell Street
Urban Life Center Auditorium
San Francisco, California
Wednesday: 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
We are proud to bring you a year-round producer-only farmers' market to satiate your appetite - locally!
The 2015 weekly outdoor market kicks off on Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM on the square in downtown Carlisle at 2 N. Hanover Street!
The 2015 May-November market schedule is every Wednesday, rain or shine, from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM at 2 N. Hanover St.
From November-December the weekly market is held on every Wednesday from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM at an indoor location.
- What are you looking for? Come find it at your market!
- Delicious fresh-picked vegetables from butternut squash to zucchini - depending on what is in season!
- Crisp, sweet seasonal fruits like apples, pears, plums, peaches and a variety of fruits sauces like apple sauce and apple butter
- Hearth-baked breads and home-baked crackers
- Granola, honey popcorn and cookies
- Eggs from pastured chickens
- Mint tea, kombucha, smoothies, fruit juices
- Hand-cut flowers and flower arrangements
- Bratwurst, chorizo, bacon, smoked sausage
- Artisan cheese and yogurt from grass-fed cows
- Whoopie pies, cakes, pies, pastries
Double Up Food Bucks
The Double Up Food Bucks program doubles the value of dollar benefits for eligible Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) recipients.
In partnership with the Carlisle Area Health and Wellness Foundation, Farmers on the Square (FOTS) is able to match SNAP, WIC or SFNSP benefits up to $10 per week per recipient.
What kinds of third party certifications will you find at the market and what do they tell you about what you're buying?
Carlisle's downtown square is a traditional location for a market. Between 1751 and 1952 the spot that currently holds the Cumberland County Courthouse hosted open-air or enclosed farmers markets. FOTS is the first market on the square in over 50 years!
The present Farmers on the Square is a farmer run, seasonal market that operates in downtown Carlisle, PA. Our vendors live and work within 50 miles of Carlisle, so ours really is a local market!